Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Another Thanksgiving is upon us and most are not quite ready for what tomorrow will bring. I, for one, will not be doing the cooking this year. At first I was excited, not having to get up at the crack of dawn to start what will be 18 hours of kitchen duty. Then, as the week progressed I got panicky. I kept asking myself, "what am I going to do?" No bird to prepare, no pies to bake, no rolls to watch, no potatoes to peel, nothing to stuff! Finally I felt a rush of happiness came over me, this year I will be able to give my host the same gratification I have been receiving all these years. She will receive the accolades and praise that I so selfishly held onto all these years. So this year I will give thanks to my host and hope she feels the same satisfaction from a job well done! Thanks Care........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thank you for the opportunity to host this year. I'm glad you could "let go" and let someone else do the work. You deserved the break... But you can still do Christmas (haha)...