Saturday, November 18, 2006

Linked again..Staff reprimanded


The watchdog staff over at "You Heard it Here" again noticed a huge spike in traffic today and as per our SOP (standard operating procedure) immediately alerted management. Once I was lucid, I grabbed my glasses, made some coffee and got to work. My investigation yielded a wealth of information. Not only was my post linked to another prominent website, MilitantIslamMonitor.org, it seems a member of congress has visited "Nuggets of News." Needless to say, I was relieved to discover the increased volume was due to another link to my blog and not spam.



Once everything settled down, I pulled the team together so we could review the series of events that occurred earlier in the day. I commended him for following the SOP, but then chastised him for rousing me from my afternoon nap. I have placed Hershey Bar on paid administrative leave until further notice.


6 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Janice,

It's good to know Hershey Bar is on paid leave. I'd hate to have such an alert administrator thrown out on the streets...

Anonymous said...

NOW WE CAN SEE WHO HAS BEEN POSTING ALL THIS TIME. HOW COME YOU AND MS. BAXTER COULDN'T TAKE 2 MINUTES TO STOP AND SAY GOOD-BYE?

janice said...

Oh Skye, You know I did look at his many years of service before I made the decision to ask him to step down for a while.

janice said...

Kevin, Laurie and me will be in the WHSE next week. We'll see you then and say good-bye. We don't go to the stores until the 27th. You don't care about me, I'll see you in church, you want to bid adieu to Ms. Baxter.

And yes, the "dog" is out of the bag. Hershey Bar's the brains behind the "You Heard it Here" empire! I don't know where he comes up with that stuff.

Malott said...

Janice,

Hershey Bar looks so much like my Helen... may she rest in peace.

I may have to post a picture of her and see what you think.

janice said...

Yes, please post a picture of Helen. I love dogs.

I had to take the picture of him at the desk. When I blog he lays right by my chair. If I get up and leave he'll jump up in the chair because he wants to be held while I blog. He's also 70 pounds, which makes it almost impossible.
My Hershey Bar is a Black Lab - Beagle mix. He is all lab, with very short legs. He acts and barks like a lab. The only thing he does like a beagle is run, he runs just like a beagle, it's hysterical.