Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Where I've been, what I've been doin'

As most of you know, I’m a doting mother. I have one child and he’ll tell you he’s spoiled. Not brat spoiled, more of a momma’s boy spoiled.

Christopher and his lady friend are coming for a visit Thursday. We’re going to the Penguins/Blue Jackets game, tickets courtesy of Dad.

They’ll be arriving in the morning and we’ll have dinner before taking off to the game. Christopher has confessed to me that he misses my cooking, as he calls it “real food”. When I asked what he would like for dinner he listed the 3 favorites; fried chicken, chicken paprikash or sauce and meatballs.


So, being the devoted mother I am, I made sauce on Tuesday with meatballs and froze 4 containers so Christopher could take them home. I also made a sausage roll so they could have a little snack upon arrival. And today I just finished making chicken paprikash so I could freeze single serve containers to take home.



Tomorrow morning, in between cleaning the bathrooms and doing Christopher’s laundry, I’ll prepare the fried chicken. All legs please! Along with mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, corn-on-the-cob and glazed carrots. After cleaning up the dinner dishes I’m sure I’ll be wide-awake come game time.
I say this in jest, I love doing this for Christopher. And he appreciates the effort I put into everything we do for him. Even Hershey is sitting by the window waiting for him to arrive.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Care to adopt...long distance?

It all looks and sounds wonderful. You are a good momma and I am certain that Christopher appreciates this more than he says.

janice said...

Christina, you're talking about adopting "you" right?

Yes, I can pack all this in dry ice and ship it right out, LOL.

Just wait for the pic's of what the Easter Bunny left for them already....

Dinah Lord said...

Janice - I've got a munch on now.

Dang, everything sounds and looks so good. We need smell-o-blog to we can savor the aromas, too!

Have a wonderful time with your son. I'll be thinking of you guys!