Sunday, February 17, 2008

Is this a sign of things to come?

Is this a sign of things to come? Could it be a calling card of the Almighty?



This hole on the Temple Mount, was caused by an earthquake that shook Israel and Lebanon on Friday. The wakf said it was the result of the Jews, of course. You know, those sneaky Jews are tunneling under the dome in an effort to destablize the foundation.

The earthquake measured 5.3 on the Richter Scale and the only damage was this hole on the Temple Mount plaza near the dome of the rock.
As I traversed the net and the blogoshere, many are saying this is a "sign of things to come", "the end is nigh" and "our Lord is on His way". My personal opinion, which is the only one that really counts here at Nuggets O News, is no. None of us know the hour that our Savior will return. Do I buy into some those “end of days” programs on the Discovery and History Channels? Well, I watch them with great interest because they’re entertaining and remind me that the end will come, some day.

Since Christ Jesus was taken up, Christians have been looking for the signs signaling his return. Is this a sign or just the result of an earthquake? I’m not qualified to answer. I do believe our Lord will come again; I am reminded our time here is limited and none of us know the hour. And as Christians, we welcome the coming of the Lord.
But, I must admit I love the look of that hole. Now we need a really big quake to bring that dome down so Israel can claim the Temple Mount for the third Jewish Temple, then I'll believe it's a sign of the end of days.

No comments: